At Murkani , we aim to make sure all of our lovely pieces are made from high quality materials by established artisans but we know that they sometimes need some extra TLC. We believe that jewellery is a lifetime investment and would like to help you ensure its longevity with some useful tips.
- To avoid tarnishing, keep your jewellery away from all liquids such as perfume, seawater, chlorine etc.
- Avoid humidity and wearing your gorgeous pieces to the gym as sweat can cause tarnish too.
- Do not store your jewellery in direct sunlight.
- Store your jewellery in the MURKANI pouch provided when you bought the jewellery, this will protect it from scratches and slow the tarnishing effect.
- When putting on delicate cuff bangles, always put them on sideways at the smallest point of your wrist to avoid pushing them beyond their capabilities.
- 18KT Gold coated brass should not be polished. It should be dusted with a soft cloth or cleaned gently with warm soapy water.
- Silver can be tarnished by natural oils in the skin and sulphur in knitwear, but a good clean with a silver polishing cloth or silver dip will remove tarnish.
- For an easy and quick home remedy, use baking soda. To remove built-up tarnish from your silver, make a thick paste with 1/4 cup baking soda and 2 tablespoons water. Apply with a damp sponge and gently rub, rinse and dry gently with a cloth.
- A knotted chain: First, undo the clasp. Next, dab olive oil on the knot and lay the chain on a flat surface. Using two pins, set to work untangling the knot. Then clean the chain using the method above.
- While it is not glamorous, our designer Kiralee McNamara keeps all her jewellery in small zip lock clear plastic bags so pieces don’t scratch each other, the oxygen is kept to a minimum to reduce oxidization and it can be easily seen, making those rushed mornings easier.
- We also sell Connoisseur Jewellery Wipes which provide a quick beauty treatment for both gold and silver jewellery.
For more information and jewellery tips please click here.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected] or for more information on how to care for your Murkani Jewellery please click here https://murkani.com.au/customer-service/#caring